Iowa House Policies
Terms & Conditions
Check-in & Check-out
- Check-in time is 3 pm or later.
- Check-out time is 11am.
- You may be asked for a current driver's license and/or other valid ID at Check-in.
- The full amount for your entire stay must be paid at the time of booking.
- Guests may book online or call us at 515-292-2474.
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, and Cash.
- We make every effort to comply with your request(s).
- However, we can not guarantee room assignments.
- Please contact us with specific requests.
- If you cancel 14 or more days before your arrival date, we will refund your deposit(s) less a $25 per room cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 14 days and two days of your arrival date we will refund your deposit(s) less the $25 per room fee if we can re-rent your room(s).
- If you cancel after 4:00 pm two days prior to your arrival date, you will forfeit your entire deposit.
- Early departures and "No-Shows" are regarded as cancellations.
- All rates are subject to change without notice.
- Posted rates are for single or double occupancy and include breakfast, off-street parking and wireless internet.
- Additional guests are $20 each including breakfast.
- Children are included in the guest count.
- Room tax is 12% (5% excise + 7% hotel-motel tax). Only federal government contracts are exempt.
- Guests are welcome, by prior arrangement, to invite others for breakfast for $10 each plus 7% tax.
- Please ask about corporate, commercial, group, government or extended-stay rates.
- For events like homecoming, Family Weekend, certain other football weekends or ISU graduation(s) rates may be higher, and we may require two or three-night minimum stays.
- Stays of 32 or more consecutive days pay no hotel-motel or state tax, and may receive substantial discounts. Please call us for booking.
- By accepting our "Terms and Conditions" guests acknowledge that we are a non-smoking property and agree that smoking anywhere in the house will result in immediate eviction without refund plus a credit card charge of $350 minimum for cleaning plus all damages.
- There is a designated smoking area outside.
Dining Room & Chapter Room
- Common areas are for all Iowa House guests.
- However, the Chapter Room or dining room may be rented for private use at the innkeeper's discretion between 8am and 9pm for periods not to exceed five hours.
- Our kitchen is not for guest use.
- All food is prepared by our staff or catered.
- The Iowa House is not child-proof!
- Well-behaved children under adult supervision are welcome.
- By accepting our "Terms and Conditions" guests agree per IA Code 137C.25A. that the amount due for the cost of any damages caused by minor(s) will be charged to their credit card.
- We do not accommodate pets.