Your Hotel in Ames, Iowa
Iowa House is larger than most Bed and Breakfast Inns and smaller than most hotels in Ames, Iowa. Our 15 guest rooms can host up to 34 overnight. Furnishings are an eclectic mixture of past, present and future. Collectibles and period pieces team with task chairs, recliners, flat-screen TV's, free WiFi, guest computer and free off-street parking. Our decor features hand-stitched quilts by Tana's late Mother and Iowa State Fair blue-ribbon quilter Helen Paine, making us a favorite hotel in Ames, Iowa.
Arrivals & Departures
- Check-in time is 3 pm or later
- Check-out time is 11am
- Our rates vary by date and include a full complementary breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
- Rates may be higher for special events like Family Weekend, spring graduation and football weekends.
- Please call to inquire about corporate, government, and group rates.
- To check rates for your specific dates, please go to our booking page.
- Our off-street parking is between the Iowa House and the ISU baseball field
- Our included full, complementary breakfast is served from 7am-9am weekdays and from 8am-10am on Saturday and Sunday
- All rooms have private baths, flat screen TVs and pillow-top beds with comforters and quilts,
- Loft Suits have a spiral staircase leading to a loft with a second TV and a full-sized futon
- All Rooms have Queen Beds
- Except Loft Suite 303- King Bed
- Except Room 304- Twin Beds
- Please call to book spare bedroom(s) without baths (rooms 102 and 305). These rooms must be rented along with another guest room.
- Room 102 connects to room 101- sleeping a total of four.
- Room 305 connects to loft suite 303- sleeping a total of six.
- View Our Rooms
- Meet guests in our three meetings areas
- Living Room
- Dining Room
- Former Fraternity Chapter Room
- Here you can play cards, games, or watch the big-screen TV.
- In both dining room and Chapter Room your computer can be connected to audio visual equipment for power point presentations and slide shows.
- Iowa House is a great setting for sorority and fraternity reunions, weddings and family gatherings as well as business and professional seminars and retreats.
- Both the Chapter Room, and dining room have audio/visual equipment for slideshows, or powerpoint presentations.
- You may rent the whole house and common areas on a two-night minimum bases.
- This rental does not inlcude use of our commercial kitchen
Most of these ISU Hotel rooms have a refrigerator, microwave, recliner, and swivel task chair
Meet guests in our living room, dining room or former fraternity Chapter Room
Snacks available in our dining room daily.